NO! You absolutely don’t.
Unless, that is you want to keep up with your competitors and stay in the game. After all, they all have one and can get orders filled much faster and more accurately than you can. Oh, and that makes them more profitable too!
Why do I need one to keep up?
For you does WMS stand for “where’s my stuff”?
A WMS system knows exactly where ALL your stuff is and how much you have… always.
Does any of this sound familiar?
- You handle your inventory way too much.
- You pay more and more people to handle your inventory each year…especially in peak season.
- You have no idea how many people you really need.
- You have no way to measure the performance of your pickers and warehouse workers.
- You have inventory sitting around on the floor and know one knows how long it has been there or even what it is.
- It takes forever to put product away.
- Your receiving area gets backed up and you have not seen the floor for a long time.
- You have more than just a few returns and way more unhappy customers because of it.
- Each time you walk into your warehouse you feel like it is chaos.
- Need more storage space.
- You buy way too much inventory.
A well implemented WMS system will pay for itself very quickly, but the decision to implement a WMS should be a well planned process.
Download a sample ROI document here to see how much you can save!