We often talk about the tangible benefits of a warehouse management system and how it is fairly easy to measure the return on investment of these tangible benefits. Many times we get caught up in the savings a company can realize by creating accurate inventories or efficient picking processes that we lose sight of some of the most important things a warehouse management system can deliver. Here is a short list of intangible benefits as well:
- More efficient use of lift trucks will preclude the need to purchase additional equipment.
- Cycle count routines will be more accurate and less time consuming.
- Improved customer service as a result of accurate, real-time data
- Job enrichment for users.
- A sense of value in improving operations.
- Reduced floor space as a result of faster throughput.
- Tighter purchasing procedures through more timely visibility of vendors incoming products
- Automatic cross-docking for critical deliveries.
- Real-time visibility of goods/materials received can eliminate “stock out” situations
- Automatic order sequencing by shipping routes.
- Eliminate error prone pick lists and paper trails.
- Reduce or eliminate checking process during order packaging.
- Increased sales due to ability to trust inventory
- Better data can provide management with tools to improve and grow business
Each and every company will have a list that is specific to their business or industry. The fact remains that these benefits, while harder to measure, will accelerate a company’s ROI when purchasing and implementing a warehouse management system.
Learn more about Warehouse Management Systems here.
Get an Estimate on Warehouse Management Systems
Posted by iCepts Technology Group, Inc. a HighJump Warehouse Edge Partner in Pennsylvania.
End-to-End Supply Chain Management Technology is becoming more common to have a unified method to fully optimize the follow of inventory in an organization. A big contributor for optimization can be achieved through utilizing Warehouse Management Systems as part of this total supply chain solution. Warehouse Management Systems, WMS, can seamless integrate with popular ERP technology to achieve this result.
HighJump Warehouse Edge (formerly AccellosOne) delivers a powerful, scalable and flexible real-time Warehouse Management System (WMS) for distributors. HighJump WMS has the power to help your supply chain management objectives from the following benefits.
- Increase supply chain visibility: HighJump Warehouse Systems integrates seamlessly with many popular accounting/order-entry packages and shipping systems to provide the warehouse link in a total supply chain solution. By integrating with leading accounting packages, warehouse automation equipment and shipping systems, you connect your warehouse to the rest of your supply chain. The seamless transfer of information between your systems means more efficient invoicing, order tracking and purchasing for your distribution operation.
- Streamline your warehouse processes: By using the latest in Radio Frequency (RF), RFID and barcode technology to automate your warehouse processes, you can find, pick and pack inventory in the most efficient manner possible. This means that you will be shipping the right items, in the right cartons, to the right customers, on time, every time from your warehouse. Inventory accuracy is key.
- Improve your customer service: By giving your customer service staff, sales team and even your customers a window into the warehouse using web-based warehouse management system technology, you allow them to track and trace the status of inventory and orders resulting in fewer customer calls and better managed sales expectations.
- Decrease Labor Cost: Through Warehouse Automation , including a standard way of warehouse operations, you be sure that you are utilizing both technology and labor in the most efficient manner possible with the potential of enormous savings from a “paper driven” warehouse with little or no guidance for efficiency.
- Ensure Inventory Accuracy: By selecting and upgrading to an electronic Warehouse Management System from a “Paper-Driven” Warehouse, you can obtain an extremely high level of accuracy across along all warehouse processes and run your warehouse operations in the best manner possible.
Learn more about HighJump Warehouse Management Systems