We often talk about the tangible benefits of a warehouse management system and how it is fairly easy to measure the return on investment of these tangible benefits. Many times we get caught up in the savings a company can realize by creating accurate inventories or efficient picking processes that we lose sight of some of the most important things a warehouse management system can deliver. Here is a short list of intangible benefits as well:
- More efficient use of lift trucks will preclude the need to purchase additional equipment.
- Cycle count routines will be more accurate and less time consuming.
- Improved customer service as a result of accurate, real-time data
- Job enrichment for users.
- A sense of value in improving operations.
- Reduced floor space as a result of faster throughput.
- Tighter purchasing procedures through more timely visibility of vendors incoming products
- Automatic cross-docking for critical deliveries.
- Real-time visibility of goods/materials received can eliminate “stock out” situations
- Automatic order sequencing by shipping routes.
- Eliminate error prone pick lists and paper trails.
- Reduce or eliminate checking process during order packaging.
- Increased sales due to ability to trust inventory
- Better data can provide management with tools to improve and grow business
Each and every company will have a list that is specific to their business or industry. The fact remains that these benefits, while harder to measure, will accelerate a company’s ROI when purchasing and implementing a warehouse management system.
Learn more about Warehouse Management Systems here.
Posted by iCepts Technology Group, Inc. a HighJump Warehouse Edge Partner in Pennsylvania.