Not all warehouse management solutions are created equal, the right WMS saves you time and money and ultimately increases your customers’ satisfaction. The key to choosing the right WMS is, will it help in maximizing customer service and satisfaction. A Best in Breed WMS will provide a spike in customer service, leading to greater customer satisfaction and increased profitability. Not having a WMS or one that is not meeting your changing needs means constant struggles to keep a stable customer base.
So, what should a best in breed WMS offer and what should you look for? Here is a list of things to look for.
- Maximum Functionality; will the WMS streamline operations and provide improved productivity Read more
- Ease of Use; if the WMS is easy for the warehouse staff to learn and use they will not look for ways to not use it or find work-arounds.
- Transaction Management; You want the WMS to track everything from the moment product hits your receiving dock until it is shipped out the door. And you want to be able to get easy instant reports on everything that moves and who is moving it in the warehouse.
- Flexibility; a good WMS will be able to grow with you and be able to meet new and changing requirements. Be sure to review what the plan is for future upgrades. Make sure the WMS can interface with today’s well known ERP solutions. One day you may want or need to move to a new ERP and not want start over with your warehouse management system. This is important.
- Useful Reports; data is important. Review the way the WMS provides that data to you. Are their easy to access reports? Does it provide a way to easily create your own ad-hoc reports? Does it have a business intelligence capability?
- ROI; this seems to be a horse that gets ridden too much. But, ROI for a WMS can easily be established and should be investigated and analyzed. Good WMS solutions can provide solid, real results from existing customers. Read more about ROI.
- Proven Track Record; a good WMS provider should be able to provide you with a viable list of references that are in the same or similar industry as you. If possible go for a tour of a business using the WMS and if possible one that in seamlessly integrated to the same ERP solution. Make a list of questions and get answers on the points I have listed.
The right WMS will save you time and money and ultimately increases your customers’ satisfaction and profits. The difference between purchasing the right WMS and the wrong WMS is simply a matter of knowing which questions to ask.
Read more on how a warehouse operates using a best in breed WMSSocial tagging: Accellos One Partner > Barcode scanning > Data Collection solutions > Inventory Management > Pennsylvania > Radio Beacon Warehouse Management System > Supply Chain Managment > Supply Chain Software > Warehouse management solution > Warehouse Optimization > WMS > WMS Software